Hello Rescue Community:
These animals are in need of immediate transfer to a 501(c)3 Pet Placement Organization. This page is dedicated exclusively to those animals in need of transfer to a Pet Placement Organization. The animals posted here are also still available for adoption, please visit us at PetTango.com, CCSPCA.com or our Central California SPCA Facebook page for the bulk of our adoptable pets.
List of current Pet Placement Organizations* partnered with the SPCA:
- Northern California Weimaraner Rescue
- Dogs for the Deaf
- NorCal Boxer Rescue
- Norcal Cocker Rescue
- German Shepherd Rescue of Northern California
- National Disaster Search Dog Foundation
- California Animal Rescue
- Greyhound Adoption Center
- Southern Oregon Humane Society
- Old English Sheepdog Rescue of So. CA, Inc.
- NorCal German Shorthaired Pointer Rescue, Inc.
- Copper’s Dream Rescue
- K9BFF, Inc.
- Marin Humane Society
- Santa Cruz SPCA
- NorCal Aussie Rescue Inc.
- Golden State German Shepherd Rescue
- Chow Chow Rescue of the Sierra Foothills
- Siberian Husky Rescue/Referral of CA
- Beagles and Buddies
- NORSLED Northern California Sled Dog Rescue
- Doberman Pinscher Rescue
- Northern California Sheltie Rescue
- Central Coast Pug Rescue
- Second Chance Cocker Rescue, Inc
- Southern California Bulldog Rescue
- San Francisco SPCA
- Newfoundland Health and Rescue
- Big Dog Rescue, Inc.
- 3R Rescue, Inc.
- Rocket Dog Rescue
- Sunny Saints St. Bernard Rescue
- Cavalier Rescue USA
*Some of our Pet Placement Organizations may choose not to be listed here and we respect their wishes, however, they still partner with us.
Central California SPCA
103 S. Hughes Ave
Fresno, CA 93706
Pet Placement Organizations
Our Rescue Department has made great strides in giving animals second chances with the wonderful help of organizations such as yours. Even though we’ve had some great successes there have been many situations resulting in misunderstandings and confusion. This is due largely to operating with verbal and non-written agreements.
Many of you have asked for written policies and we are pleased to inform you that we now have a document which clearly defines the relationship between the Central California SPCA and our rescue groups. This document, called the Pet Placement Organization Agreement, establishes protocols, roles, and responsibilities for both parties. Many Humane Societies and Animal Control agencies have implemented similar industry standard type agreements with their rescue groups.
As of March 15, 2012 all rescue groups must have on file with the Central California SPCA (CCSPCA) the documents listed below. We ask that you please review, sign, and return these documents to the CCSPCA Adoptions/Rescue Services Department no later than March 14, 2012. Failure to do so will result in the discontinuation of your organization’s ability to accept animals from the CCSPCA. The documents are as follows:
- CCSPCA Pet Placement Organization Agreement
- Current copy of your organization’s Internal Revenue Letter of Determination (IRS 501-c3 document)
- Completed Pet Placement Organization Application listing representatives of your organization authorized to choose and/or accept animals on behalf of your organization. Please be sure to include full names, phone numbers, and emails for all representatives.
- A complete list of animals and their breeds that you are interested in transferring to your organization.
As with any new policy, we expect that there will be many questions. So we encourage you to contact us via email at Rescue@ccspca.com or by phone at 559-233-7722 ext 127.
We are optimistic that together we can build on a greater collaborative effort in assisting our community’s animals by working closer with each other.
Thank you for what you do on behalf of these animals and we look forward to continuing and strengthening our relationship with you in this New Year.