The Central California SPCA is excited and motivated by the community support shown through its volunteer program. Volunteers are welcomed at our Animal Center. The goal of the Central California SPCA is to engage the hearts, hands and minds of the entire community to help animals. The purpose for the volunteer program is to cultivate a dedicated, capable volunteer team that is meaningfully engaged in sharing a voice for the animals and advocating the complete truth of situations for the animals in our community. The partnership between staff and volunteers increases the care and well-being for our Animal Center’s animals. The direct connection with the animals helps them find more re-homing opportunities.
To become a Central California SPCA Action Hero (Volunteer) please attend one of our Volunteer Orientations. We hold orientations one Wednesday and one Saturday a month. While we start volunteers at the age of 10 years old, anyone under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian present at the orientation and when they volunteer.
We love our family volunteer teams! Volunteers under the age of 18 will have scheduled days that they can volunteer. We ask that ID be provided at the orientation to complete the application process. If you have health insurance we will take a copy of your card. However, health insurance is not mandatory.
Our Volunteer Orientations regularly lasts 1.5 hours, during which applications are handed out, the class on “who, what, when, where, why, and how” is shared, a tour of the entire Animal Center facilities is conducted, and then a Q & A session is offered as a wrap up. Once you have completed an orientation, you will be scheduled for an interview to start the training process as a shelter “SAVE” (Shelter Advocates Volunteering Everywhere)!!
Top Reasons to Volunteer at CCSPCA!
Make a difference in your community and help animals!
Interested in making a difference in your community? One of the best places to volunteer may be right here for you!
Whether you walk dogs at your animal care center, clean poop, fold newspapers, data entry, label newsletters, stuff envelopes for an educational mailing or assist with a fund raising event, you can make a difference in the lives of animals.
Here are just a few of the benefits of volunteering:
1. Be part of the solution! You’ll join a network of people working to make the world safe and more humane for all living creatures. You’ll make the jobs of everyone working for animals a little easier by lending a hand and spreading the message of responsible pet ownership and animal protection.
2. Get warm fuzzies! You’ll never find a more grateful and accepting comrade than an animal you’ve comforted.
3. Keep good company! You’ll make lots of new friends—and not just the four-legged kind. Working side by side with people who share similar interests can forge lifelong friendships.
4. Meet the new you! You’ll discover skills you never knew you had, and you may be surprised at what you’re capable of achieving.
5. Gain a new career! You’ll learn things that may lead you to the career—or career change—of your dreams. Employers and college admissions officers look favorably on time spent in volunteer service.
6. Enjoy a wagging tail, a purr, and a smile! Didn’t someone once say that the best things in life are free!
Would you like more information about our Volunteer Program? Please contact our Volunteer Manager, Margaret Smith-Goode at 559.233.7722 x 111 or email at email@example.com.