In case you’re wondering if you should get your pet fixed or perhaps persuade the neighbor next door whose pet keeps having litter after litter, here are a few good reasons to spay and neuter
Snip N’ Chip – Low Cost Spay and Neuter Services
At the CCSPCA, we understand that people realize the importance of altering their animals. We also understand that many cannot afford the fees. Snip N Chip is a low-cost spay and neuter program is for those people who want to prevent the cycle of unwanted animals, yet simply don’t have the means.
According to the Humane Society of the United States, there are between six and eight million cats and dogs entering American shelters every year. Three to four million of these animals are euthanized. This crisis is a direct result of animals left unaltered in our communities.
Our Snip N Chip program is for low-income pet owners and offers low cost spay/neuter services. If you qualify, the cost for these services is only $35 per pet (4 pets total per person) and includes a free microchip.
Must present a check stub, award letter, or other form of income statement proving total monthly income for the entire household.
Numbers of persons / Total income
- 1. $1300
- 2. $1600
- 3. $1900
- 4. $2200
- 5. $2500
* Add $300 for each extra person
The pet must be a minimum of 4 months and current on vaccines or 6 months of age or older with no up-to-date vaccines (vaccines will be provided the day of surgery- DHPP and Rabies for dogs and FVRCP for cats if needed, for an additional cost).
- Provide an income statement, pet vaccine records (if any), and your ID to the Adoption Center Front Desk staff to be processed for the low cost program, where they’ll provide you with a receipt (the service must be paid for in advance).
- Copies of the above items can be submitted in person, by mail, fax 559-233-0117, or email email@example.com after having determined that you qualify.
- Make an appointment with the CCSPCA Small Animal Hospital. The surgery can be scheduled in person or by phone at (559) 237-1125. Surgeries are booked Monday-Friday 7:30-8:30a.m.
- Show your receipt to our CCSPCA Hospital staff to have your pet admitted for surgery.
- Pet pick-up is same day after 2:30p.m. You will receive a call that everything went well and is time for pick up.
If you are interested in qualifying for the Snip N Chip program, please contact our Desk Services Manager at (559) 233-7722 Ext. 107 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Through our Snip N Chip low cost spay and neuter program, we are giving back to both people and animals in our community.
Here are some things that you can do to help!
- Donate to the Snip N Chip program.
- Use your voice to support Government support of spay/neuter funding.
- Sponsor a spay/neuter for an animal looking for a home. This is a general fund that can help an animal in need by reducing adoption fees (individual animals cannot be selected).
- Learn the true benefits of spay/neuter for animals and the community.
- Only bring an animal into your life/home if they come from a shelter/rescue because they spay/neuter first.
- Learn more about the true situations for animals in your community including the real solutions.
- Volunteer at our animal center.